Nursing Home Abuse: Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

We know you have a lot of questions about nursing home abuse and we’re here to help. At Baron & Budd, we’re here to fight against the injustice of elder abuse in nursing home facilities across the nation. If you know someone who was abused, neglected, or otherwise mistreated, do not wait to contact us for help. To learn more about what we do and about nursing home abuse cases in general, read our answers to commonly asked questions regarding nursing home abuse and elder abuse followed by our answers. Do you have a nursing home abuse or elder abuse question that you would like answered? Simply call us or fill out a contact form and we will do our best to answer all of your questions.

Nursing Home Abuse FAQs

If my elderly loved one was mistreated under the care of a nursing home, what should I do next?

Visiting our website is already a step in the right direction! All cases of nursing home abuse and / or neglect should be brought to the immediate attention of an attorney. If mistreatment is occurring, legal action may be necessary, and we can help make sure the appropriate steps are taken to set up your case for success, and to ultimately end the abuse or neglect currently happening.

What if I can’t afford to hire a lawyer?

At Baron & Budd, you’ll never have to worry about the cost of our legal services. As one of the oldest and most revered plaintiff’s law firms in the country, we strongly believe in seeking justice for individuals who cannot do so on their own; that being said, we charge no upfront costs or hidden fees for our legal services. If a favorable resolution has been reached, a percentage of the total compensation will be used to reimburse us.

Can I take legal action if my elderly loved one was emotionally abused? Or are these lawsuits only for physical abuse and neglect?

Elder abuse in nursing homes takes many forms, including emotional abuse. If your elderly loved one was subjected to harassment, intimidation, cruel language, or anything else that harmed him or her emotionally, you may have a claim for abuse. Contact our office today to learn more about your legal options at this time.

How do I report a suspected case of elder abuse?

If you have reason to believe that someone you love is being mistreated at a local nursing home facility, there are several professionals and agencies that should be notified. For an immediate response, call local law enforcement services (911), as well as Adult Protective Services (APS). Additional people who should be notified are the elderly individual’s medical provider and treating physician, as well as an experienced lawyer. If your suspicions of abuse or neglect are confirmed, contact Baron & Budd as soon as possible. Our team handles cases nationwide and we have multiple office locations, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help no matter where you are located.

What types of elder abuse constitute legal action?

Elder abuse in nursing homes can manifest in many different ways. The most common forms of elder abuse include: negligent care, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, financial exploitation, and abandonment. If you know someone who is – or has in the past – experienced any of this while under the care of a local nursing home facility, do not wait to contact us at Baron & Budd for help.

Call 866.822.1597 for Legal Help

Don’t sit back and hope that acts of abuse or neglect at your local nursing home facility will end. Your first consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer at Baron & Budd is completely free of charge. Meeting with a member of our team about your case is completely risk-free, so call us today for help.

To contact a nursing home abuse lawyer at Baron & Budd, click here.

Tell Us
What Happened

Get A Free Consultation

What Are the
Signs of Abuse?

Find Out

Why Hire
An Attorney?

What You Need To know

Get Help

You need to speak to an attorney when your loved one is suffering.